Knowing how to change a wheel is one of the minor things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This could save you a lot of stress in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article step by step each step to follow in order to do this in the right way on your Audi Q3.
First of all, it is very important to wear your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Audi Q3. Also remember to switch on your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel:
- 1: First, make sure your Audi Q3 is on a appropriate floor. This requires that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to stabilize your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the steadiness of your Audi Q3, do not take any risks. Also remember to apply the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be required to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not take away them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you should have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to slightly lift your Audi Q3. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be cautious though, your jack must be very steady. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel no longer touches the ground, get more room if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Audi Q3.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to entirely remove the bolts. Once done, you can remove the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tighten the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross soon after the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Audi Q3.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Audi Q3 down. Do this carefully, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Audi Q3 is now ready to go again.
So you can see that it is relatively easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Audi Q3 in the best conditions. Same for the jack, check it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It may be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.If you need more guides on the Audi Q3, go to our Audi Q3 category.