Knowing how to change a wheel is one of the little things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This may well save you a lot of stress in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article detail by detail each step to follow in order to do this properly on your Ford E Series.
First of all, it is very important to put on your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Ford E Series. Also remember to turn on your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel:
- 1: First, make sure your Ford E Series is on a appropriate floor. This means that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to support your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the stability of your Ford E Series, do not take any risks. Also remember to apply the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be required to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not take away them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you ought to have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to slightly lift your Ford E Series. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be cautious though, your jack must be very stable. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel never touches the ground, get more room if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Ford E Series.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to entirely remove the bolts. Once done, you can remove the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tighten the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross soon after the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Ford E Series.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Ford E Series down. Do this properly, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can easily now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Ford E Series is now ready to move again.
So you can see that it is fairly easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Ford E Series in the best conditions. Same for the jack, ensure that it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It could very well be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.To get more tips on the Ford E Series, take a look at the Ford E Series category.